Be careful what you ask for. Has anyone ever told you that? Often called ‘The Law of Attraction,’ ‘speaking things into existence,’ Egyptian metaphysical science, Karma, or Proverbs 23:7, what you ask for refers to the ability to attract into our lives whatever we are focusing on and whatever we speak. It means if you focus on the hurtful, the failures, the anger, the hate, and the negative thoughts and emotions that surround them, you will attract more of them into your life. It also means if you focus on the delight, the wonder, the awe, the amazing, the happiness, the love, and the positive, you will attract more of that.
LIMITED THOUGHTS = LIMITED LIFE
Your mind is the most formidable power in your life. You are only limited by the boundaries of your thoughts. Other people’s thoughts are not your own unless you make them. Other people’s words are not your words unless you repeat them. You must choose to free yourself from negative situations, circumstances, thoughts and people around you to harness your own power and create the life you want.
“Words are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have.”
Expanding your thoughts and the realm of possibilities for your life can be achieved in many ways. Here are some techniques to activate positivity in your life:
- Open your mind by reading, watching movies, meeting new people, signing up for new experiences, or learning new words;
- Keep a journal of your negative thoughts and words and purposefully rephrase them into positive thoughts and words;
- Take time to focus on your breathing and being in the present moment;
- Meditate to regain focus on your thoughts and no one else’s;
- Add physical activity to your routine;
- Keep a gratitude journal that outweighs your worry list;
- Say ‘yes’ more.
If it’s prosperity, happiness, love, or better health you want, choose to mindfully speak of wealth, joy, companionship, and fitness! You will find fulfillment and reward in what you want, not in what you don’t want. So, stop speaking about what you don’t want and focus on what you do want!